Anyway, unlike in America where one typically only gets dressed up for the Kentucky Derby you get dressed up for any race day at Randwick...well at least as far as I can tell. Sadly I didn't have a fun hat or fascinator to wear. Need to put that on my shopping list as one will come in handy.
Horses all lined up ready for the race
Lisa had just flown in that morning from NYC ready to party! She came out for a Q4 rotation and proved to be lots of fun. I learned later on that we were both "sisters in the bond".
The bottles of champagne came in fun little plastic ice "buckets"
Even though it was a bit chilly and overcast the girls still came out in their finest outfits (which for AUS means a short ass dress) and fascinators
They had one small area for the non-drinkers...clearly no one was interested
We on the other hand had to load up on champagne before they closed the bars
My favourite hat and outfit of the day! Next time I am determined to have a cute fascinator for race day
Team America enjoying the festivities
Lisa and I meeting random boys in shinny suits
Towards the end of the day we meet a fun group that invited us into their VIP box. Next time we need to meet people like this in the beginning.
I can't wait to see you rocking a fascinator!
ReplyDeleteDitto Sara! What a fun day!
ReplyDelete