Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sunday Bondi BBQ

The next day I was invited to a BBQ out in Bondi by one of our American Ambassador's who was lucky enough to have Google put him up at an apt out in Bondi. We took advantage of the wonderful Sydney weather.

Gorgeous Sunday afternoon at Bondi

Learned that Aussie's share their BBQ space as there are no individual grills in public areas. Everyone shares flat iron gas grills. Bring aluminium foil if you don't want to clean up.

Our picnic area!

Once the sun went down we went back to Jeremy's place for a little beer pong and flip cup. Since Aussie's don't have the same college experience as American's most have never played these games. Its only from the various Yanks that have moved down under that they have been exposed to the wonderful games one can play with red cups! 

OK so we didn't have a regulation sized table


I also learned that a case of beer costs $52 AUD here 

All this fun plus a late night swim made for a pretty tough Monday morning. All part of the experience though! 

2 comments:

  1. Pictures are great Stacey! So glad you started a blog...now we can follow your adventures! Miss YA!

    XOXO,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to read your stories and see the photos. I'm envious!
    Love,
    Aunt Jeanne

    ReplyDelete